Friday, February 21, 2014

Hautelook and upcoming product reviews.

I just wanted to say that when shopping for new Skincare brands. There are few places that I tend to start and one of the most recent obsessions has been with Hautelook.  I have been a member of the website since soon after it launched and have spent countless hours checking the site for new deals and steals. If you haven't heard yet, it's a flash sale site that is owned by Nordstrom and if you are new you can sign up here (Hautelook sign up)   I like it much better than the other flash sale sites because they have a dedicated beauty section with new sales every single day.   Some brands that I have discovered on Hautelook and continue to love include: Somme Institute, the Balm cosmetics, Crown brush, and Rodial.
Spray hydration is the best!  Dragon's blood tonic from Rodial is so calming.

This is my absolute favorite mask for anytime of year. Boost by Somme Inst.

Most recently I picked out a few items from some brands that I haven't heard much about yet.  The first order came in the mail yesterday and contained products from BRAD biophotonic skincare.  I almost purchased the entire collection of BRAD products but skipped out on a few pieces.  I gravitated towards this line because of the ingredients list which I will talk about more in the reviews of these products, but I was most excited about the ACE + MSM serum.  Its packed with antioxidant vitamins C and E and a form of vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) all of which I believe are must haves in any skincare routine.  I'm very excited about this brand so far and there will be plenty of reviews to come.  

Another brand that I've decided to splurge on is a haircare brand called Philip B.  It's s luxury botanical hair are brand from LA hair treatment guru Philip B.  I picked up several things from Hautelook and the sale is still going on now if you want to get over there and check it out,  and hurry because the sale ends Saturday morning 11am EST.   Some of the most exciting things for me were the kits with lots of little travel sized shampoo conditioner and body wash.  I also picked up the pomade and gel just for fun.  I just placed the order yesterday so I have to wait but I'm very excited about this brand because it's a haircare line that uses therapeutic levels of essential oils and extracts to treat the hair and scalp (wish more brands would do this)...more on that when I give it a proper review.  

I can't wait to start testing these products and writing reviews.

So stay tuned. 
-Dr. Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment